We are looking to welcome a Senior Database Specialist to apply relation and timeseries database design theories and principles, perform complex work in research, design and development of new or existing producs as well as turn existing database structures to fit unique customer needs and configurations.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Delivery of the product roadmap and SW releases (on time / quality / defined content) according to the designed solutions
- Competitiveness of the products and solutions
- Solution performance, specifically in terms of time to find and fix issue and database quality (prevention of bugs etc.)
Areas of responsibility/accountability:
- Develop and improve application database scripts, related tools and configurations of the head-end-system for advance metering solutions (Landis+Gyr Converge) by means of mainly Oracle Database, PostgreSQL and TimescaleDB for multiplatform environment based on described tasks.
- Work with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Understand and write technical documentation
An ideal candidate will bring:
- Solid experience in SW or solutions database design with focus on technology industry (metering, utility, telco)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Oracle Database running in both Windows and Linux based environments in a senior capacity.
- Experience with Oracle PL/SQL
- Knowledge of key features and problems in Oracle Database since Oracle 12 beneficial.
- Experience with PostgreSQL deployments and language specifics
- Experience with time-series database design, ideally Timescale DB
- Experience in GitLab CI/CD processes beneficial
- University degree in IT / software engineering or equivalent
- B2B utility market knowledge and understanding desired (of a big advantage)
- Strong inter-personal skills and communications, high level of accountability
- Ability and willingness to learn new things, a quick learner
- Ability to work under pressure
You can see it! More challenging work. A more interesting work environment. The opportunity to use your finely honed skills to make a real difference. If this is what you see for yourself, you need to talk to Landis+Gyr.
Through our reach and resources, Landis+Gyr brings you career options you couldn’t find anywhere else with its strong brand and 125 years of market history; We offer high level of work flexibility and room for self-development; cooperation with local and regional experts in the field; attractive benefits package; team spirit, and contribution to sustainable development in the energy sector.
If you have the drive and enthusiasm to accept this challenge and to work in a very dynamic, cross functional and international environment, we are looking forward to meeting you.